Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Grim Reaper Calls....


Seldom free from pain but never one to grumble. Such, dear reader, is a mans lot. While some exceptions are out there (lesser men…) we bear our lot stoically and seldom remark upon life, it misfortunes, or indeed illness. Indeed, I myself am raising a weary finger from my own sickbed to type this small note to you and no living soul has yet heard a word of complaint.
Wracked though I am with this terrible cough. Burned by a fever hotter than pepper. Staring through the wild eyes of delirium.
Though I am uncomplaining, She Of The Town House has spotted my plight, and summoned the Old Walled Town's finest medical opinion to my sickbed.
I can tell that the end is near. The lights are dim now and the sound is receding to a gentle murmur in the background. I understand that the HN51 strains have all been accounted and discounted leading to a sorry conclusion. There is little time left. Unless an elixir can be located, and fast, I shall be gone by morning.
It seems that I have ‘Man Flu’.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Rock God sympathises as he is suffering from his own man flu ( personally I am sympathising with She of the Town House as I am sure she is suffering but in other ways). I suffered un-complainingly at the weekend and I can assure you that you will both be better in the morning.
XXX

Vi said...

What do want us to play at your funeral?

buffalodick said...

"This too, shall pass".. Bug is going around here like wildfire, too!

meredic said...

Vi Leonard Cohen would suit the mood I think. I have a soft spot and a tear in my eye for 'Famous Blue Raincoat...'
If that seems too maudlin then how about the 'Wurp a diddle eye doh' Song by Adge Cultler and the original Wurzels(Sp?)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree, having flu makes you feel like you're dying - especially if you're a male.
Get well soon. xx

startare said...

Get well soon, and try the CRS miracle cure (citron vert, rhum, sucre)

Sparkle Plenty said...

What's it like to stare through the wild eyes of delirium? I'm picturing Marty Feldman...

Zinc, citrus, soup! Zinc, citrus, soup!

Feel better soon, Meredic!

Sophie said...

Lucky you. I haven't had a cold or flu for ages now (due to working from home and not getting out much!) and would quite appreciate a few days surrounded by hot toddies, used tissues and a BIG pile of books ... Could you sneeze in the direction of Dunoon, please? Cheers :-)

Unknown said...

So, you have a snotty beak!

Dave said...

M. We know its the worse kind of Flu.......... ever!! Regular hot toddies are recommended. I hope you are well enough to be able to stand the glare of the Tv on Saturday as Wales take on Scotland

Anonymous said...

Just popped by to see if you're feeling any better. Still poorly then????

Jayne said...

Stay clear from lights at the end of tunnels.....